Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Greetings from across the pond! It's only day six and I feel like I've seen more than I imagined I would see in this entire month away...places like Houses of Parliament, Big Ben, Buckingham Palace, Kensington Gardens, Oxford Street, Abbey Road, Hyde Park...you get the point. It has been an amazing and fulfilling experience in such a short time! I can only imagine what I will say come August 1st. My eyes have been opened to a new and exciting culture and I've been loving every minute of it...maybe not the first hour as I walked up 8 flights of stairs to find a sweltering flat after a day of traveling, but that's not the point because I've loved every minute since! Just wandering the streets and popping into beautiful gardens tucked away between buildings has been one of my favorite things to do during this first week. The Brits sure know how to present a lovely garden...which is perfect for enjoying the great weather, people-watching, and I guess doing schoolwork. I am off to grab lunch now and finish my reading on Jack the Ripper, so I shall close my overly-excited rant here.

Cheers! ;-)

Sara

No comments:

Post a Comment